Saturday, December 26, 2009

I hope you have had a good Christmas... whatever and however you define a good Christmas. I have. It has had wonderful moments and then the baahhh humbug moments.. but for the most part is was a very good Christmas..
I have learned to lower my expectations.. to go with the flow.. to do more of what I want and worry less... and not worry about all the things I use to.
It helps make things much easier to enjoy...
I am glad that we still have a weekend ahead. I am striving to take more time to pay attention to things going on around me. I have found in my past the inclination to just get into my books or into the computer... now I am trying to not do it.. until I find I am just to tired.. or somewhat bored.. then if people come into view.. I try to focus more on them.. and it helps me not feel so upset with myself.. because I really do want to have more time with each family member.
I find I get upset when family is here.. and then I have responsibility tell me I have to do the business, the meetings that require my attention instead of being able to focus on family... seeing them drive away instead of being able to be here while meetings are going on is so sad...
It is always a fight for time and how to focus on those things that are wanted and needed and desired... and I also hijack my own time... isn't life interesting and how we choose. Wow.. it is late.. time to go to bed... but I really do enjoy just being .. not having a time that forces me to meet any given responsibility... that is much more like a vacation.
wonderful in breath.. and gentle letting go..
Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment