Monday, December 28, 2009

Goal setting
I really liked what my Niece wrote about setting goals.. not resolutions which most of us fail at.. and doing it in enough detail to see your successes in bite size pieces and in areas that you wish to set goals in

Solee said:
Categories - I try to keep it fairly simple. If I give myself too many goals, I can't keep up with them. Failure is NOT a good motivator.

Work - goals relating to my job and the earning of money
Home - goals about chores and home ownership
Relationships - goals for improving my interactions with family and friends
Health - goals for exercise and eating habits
Fun - goals that encourage me to continue things I know I like and explore things I think I might like

So for me...
Spiritual - Church is a special part of my life.. my belief system is what is my anchor and what helps to keep me stable... as such.. goals -
1. Continue to fulfill the Old Testament class every week as planned..
2. Successfully carry out my calling in Primary.. carry out all that is asked of me that I can do
3. Genealogy - every month do at least 12 names into my PAF and GENI site.. enlarge upon those family I still can make contact with
4. VT - Every other month visit in person with each one I am asked to VT and those that I just feel I should and return and report
5. Go to the Temple at least 6 times this year
6. Talk with someone weekly about the church, and pray for one person this year that will take the missionary discussions in the PR area (Lord willing)

Work - HDT, HUG, RPM ARCS
Develop workable business plan to sell ARCs and implement start-up phases
Develop goals for HDT and work to make them happen
Visit with board members to communicate with them and develop them and get their input at least twice in the year
Work on trading property from Ranch to development property and analyze other property holdings and determine what to hold and what to sell (hope we sell some of the ranch asap)
Continue to monitor all holdings and use resources wisely


Home - Make my ARC house a home.. and a show place... Make the cabin a great place to be at for the summer months... work on the ARC greenhouses.. hot tub...

Relationships -
Continue to always build and communicate with Paul..enjoy all aspects of our unusual relationship where we work together
Make sure I spend more time with the kids and grandkids.. not just physically present.. but also mind with them not on computer or work.. that should be doable since I gave each of the children a coupon for quarterly dinner and movie and babysitting and twice in the year to take all the kids from each family for overnighters.. I think it could be fun to do a few days with the boys at the cabin and a few days with the girls too..
Spend more time with Jeanne too and maybe we can plan a trip together
Spend time with Mom and Nathan when they are here.. love to play games.. and being out at the cabin should be great fun...

Health -
1. continue to exercise at least 3 times a week as often as possible.. move up beyond 20lb weights this year.. and get up to an hour at a time on the treadmill.. might have to move the treadmill over at the house to do that though.. hmm
2. work on weight loss in a healthy way to reach size 34 pants. so I can wear the same size as Paul :D stay healthy

Fun
take one trip this winter.. Feb-March... and take one trip in summer..not sure where yet

Rotary -
create with team a true Dam Site Park playground and begin to implement it and fund-raise for it
complete last year as ADG and build on training committee
add one new member to PR Branch or CL club

Well, that is enough for tonight.. have to exercise tomorrow morning.. and would love to get on that treadmill early

No comments:

Post a Comment