Life has so much to it.. sometimes we do not appreciate all that we have done over time. Think of how much a baby has to learn in the first year. All the complicated things we take for granted like walking and eating and playing. You realize it when some one does not learn all those things.
We have been realizing all the changes made even in the past 5 years here on campus.. the things we have accomplished, the many many things we have tried and experimented on, with, etc. And we are not done yet.. We actually moved onto campus in the trailer in Sept of 2004, we built Old Main in 2003-2004, we broke ground for the Mani building in 2006, and the south field cabin was started around 2006.. not as sure of that date... and we put up the large windmill and the small wind hut in 2006 too.
We then moved the trailer off it's location in 2008 and broke ground for the ARC in 08 and finally moved in now in August of 2009..
Now we are working on two new ARCs.. the HARC - a 42 x 28 home to be finished by Raya and Mike and family, and a SPARC.. a small practical ARC in the south field.. we expect to break ground on both of these buildings yet this year... probably both within the next 3 to 4 weeks even... pretty awesome.
And HDT has grown a reputation.. not really sure what that actually is come to think of it.. but Thursday we are going to work on the vision for the next 1000 days of HDT.. I think we have some really good ideas to play with, and a good history to back those ideas up.
Today I also retold a story of a vision I had many years ago. In the telling the emotions of that vision also came back and the wonder of it and the wonder at what it really means.. still some open spots on that one. My calling to teach is greater than most I think..
I also recounted out Saturday trip to see Sis Beck, the General RS Presidents fireside at the MPLS stake center and the emotions that brought back..
How many miracles I have experienced over my years. The times in my callings.. all of my life callings when I have said to the Lord, I cannot do it.. I need help.. and some answering miracle has occurred. Usually they are small miracles, ones that most people have no concept would be miracles.. but they were answers to prayer, to my prayers.
If you were to look back over your life, how many miracles can you remember. Pretty awesome. I hope you have the ability to remember all those miracles. We have been told that we should be writing them down.. because then when we look back at them we can see them and remember them when we are down.. or in need of support, able to realize it is there when we truly need it.. and to realize most of our miracles are little ones.. quiet ones.. and usually answered by someone we know...pretty neat if you ask me.. and that is why I am bothering telling you so.
Have a wonderful day full of small miracles and enjoy the feeling of seeing them..
good night
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment