I came home the other day.. and realized I do not know how to go visiting other people any more. I feel like I have lost the ability to do that.. Now that seems really crazy. Yes I could drive to a house.. to some one I know.. but it is like I really do not know who I could visit hardly either.. And it is a little sad..
I know lots of people.. I know my kids places.. yet I really do not have any really close friends I guess. like I used to when I was younger, when I raised kids.. now we watch tv, go through all the stuff on computer.. from games, to facebook, to blogs.. see what is going on in many others lives.. without really connecting as much..
My family is here a lot, the kids come over, we babysit.. yet I am not going to another place as much any more..
I am surrounded by people almost all day.. work.. church, Rotary..etc.. so it is not like I do not interact with others.. yet.. to take the time and go to someones
home seems difficult.. I could not make myself do that.. and then as I thought about it I was not even sure who's places I would go to...
I have a friend or two who want to get together.. yet time to get together is also harder to find..I have to put it on the calendar.. to get it done..
My spontaneity seems to have left.. when I would run to a friends to just say hi, or to eat, or to play games..
So.. I just thought I would finally share that thought.. I seem to have lost my ability or maybe desire to go to a friends house.. except not sure who's place to go to .. who is my friend these days that I would go to?
SIGH... oh well.. life goes on and all these things go through changes and times
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment