Monday, October 3, 2011

Good Better Best

Good Better Best
We are always making choices.
Most of us know to not do bad.
Most of what we do is good
In comparison to bad.
But a lot of my time I find myself settling for good. Good is easy. Just do not do anything bad and it is ok.
But when we look at what we really want to accomplish. Have we missed doing better or the best?
Example
By 8 or 9 pm. I am tired. But I really do not go to bed until about 11. I have done things all day. And since I am not really sure at that time what I should do I settle happily for a mind numbing game on computer and some interesting whatever on public TV usually good stuff What else could I be doing. Well tonight I could have repainted the dining room wall again. Would not take long. Maybe a half hour since it is al ready to go. Or I could have dragged out my genealogy and started to organize it to update lots on family search etc. Or even wrote a draft Rotary committee letter. I could have gotten ready for bed early and had fun with my hubby:D.
Probably all would have been good. Some better. And some even best.
Instead I settled for simply good. Good enough.
So how do I begin to change?
One way I found for myself is to create a todo list. Determine what is slowing each project from happening and put steps in the list to prepare for each better and best item.
Sometimes we have to break each project and item into small bite size parcels. That way it does not overwhelm and seems doable.
So. That is what I am going to do.
Maybe that is why we are taught line upon line, precept upon precept. Breaking it down to small bite size steps so we can accomplish without overwhelming.
If I set goals. And also allow for a little mindnumbing stuff once in a whole. I might get better. And with time best.
Now. How can I adapt this plan to loosing weight. Some projects seem so overwhelming that we had better start with prayer. Maybe even a blessing.
1. Get out diet planning books.
Talk with Dug to get his plan. See if I like it for a kick start.
2. Set goals
3. Make sure I have the right foods and quick foods at hand. Because when I am tired or hungry I just grab.
Plan on doing sit down meals for supper with Paul. Do not allow computers or TV on during meal time.
4. Start
5. Measure weekly
6. If mess up. Start again
7. Allow others to help.
8. Re assess monthly. And adjust plan.
9. Keep going until goals are met.

Yeah. I like that. So tomorrow start step one. :D. Going to get to the Best weight for me.
And a lot of other things as well

No comments:

Post a Comment