We had a wonderful Christmas.. we were home, we had all of our Children and Grandchildren here at one time or another.. we shared food, thoughts and gifts.
There was no snow this year.. is it the first of many to come.. I doubt it. The weather will have more and more dramatic fluctuations.. more hotter days, more colder days and swing more often between them.. so tomorrow we could get several foot of snow and the temp go to -40 or we could have clear and sun and the temp go to 75. Yep.. changes..
Sage.. I thought of sage today.. wondered what it would be like to try and plant a bunch of sage like around Yellowstone and Colorado and Wyoming. Wonder if our deer would like it? Sage brush.. yep.. neat stuff..
Last year we were in TX. Our last visiting times with my Brother Mike.. he passed Feb 5th. He was usually out of energy. He lived much longer than you would think for a person unable to eat anything. But his mind was always there. He knew you.. He wanted to care and chat and love and play but his body didn't have the energy anymore. I miss you Mike.. I have not let your passing get in the way of the holiday.. but now I can cry and miss you.. and wish you were back..
It seems when I mourn, it ends up I think of all those who have passed that I miss.. but Mike you are the most recent.. and my throat hurts and tears are in my eyes.. I miss you.
I hope that you have found joy in the next phase of your life again..
I will call your wife and chat at her.. I am sure she is missing you too... It is not easy for her.. She did spend a few hours with Mom and Dad, but I am sure she will have a guy in her life in a few years.. she is young yet. You left her OK..
Last year Paul and I were alone on New Years Eve as we got ready to fly back to MN.. It was a very good New Years eve when I expected it to be a really dull one.. but it all works out..
We go to have a fantastic meal and watch fireworks all over Houston TX from a revolving restaurant at the airport. And we chatted with family all over the place..
Then we flew home..
This year we plan on being home.. having a nice meal with family, playing games and just having a good time.. AT least as far as I am aware none of my family are dying like last year..
I am glad Mike has gone and has no more pain. Good luck on your next adventure.
May anyone who reads this have a fantastic 2012 with lots and lots of family time.. family is all there is that matters. Having others to love and who love you.. yeah.. good stuff
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment